Berrien County, MI Arrest Records
Berrien County, MI is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.79 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Washtenaw, Ottawa, Kalamazoo, Mecosta, Jackson counties in Michigan.
Berrien County, MI property crime rate is 3.81 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 379 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 2.07% compared to 2015.
Berrien County, MI Crime Rate
Total arrests in Berrien County in 2016 increased by 8.41% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 100 to 122 while non-violent crime increased by 5.96% from 554 to 587.
5 Crimes In Berrien County, MI in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||40|
Violent crime rate in Berrien County increased by 22% from 2015 and increased by 5.17% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 116 to 122. In 2016 violent crime rate in Berrien County was 83.12% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.079%.
Property crime rates in Berrien County increased by 5.96% from 2015 and decreased by 12.13% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 668 to 587. In 2016 property crime rate in Berrien County was 86.59% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.381%.
How Berrien stands up against other counties
Berrien vs. Jackson
You’ll be in more safety in Berrien compared to Jackson county that had 16.38% higher crime rate compared to Berrien county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.4091 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and lower than average 1.1990 in Jackson county.
Burglary rates of 1.0908 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.7005 in Jackson county.
Berrien vs. Monroe
You’ll be in more safety in Berrien compared to Monroe county that had 145.74% higher crime rate compared to Berrien county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.3052 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.3753 in Monroe county.
Arson rates of 0.0325 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.1541 in Monroe county.
Names with the most arrests in Berrien
Crime rate by age group, gender, and race
According to the records in Berrien, Michigan, the most crimes, that's 37.3% of all records in county are committed by the people aged between 21-30.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Berrien County is 0.86% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 1.26 daily crimes that occur in Berrien County.
- Berrien, MI is safer than Jackson.
- In Berrien County you have a 1 in 217 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Berrien, MI have increased by 8.41%.
Berrien Police Departments
- Baroda-Lake Police Department
- Benton Harbor Police Department
- Benton Township Police Department
- Benton Twp Police Department
- Berrien County Sheriff's Office
- Berrien Springs Police Department
- Bridgman Police Department
- Buchanan Police Department
- Coloma Township Police Department
- Eau Claire Police Department
- Grand Beach Police Department
- Michiana Police Department
- New Buffalo Police Department
- Niles Police Department
- Niles Township Police Department
- St Joseph Police Department
- St. Joseph Police Department
- Three Oaks Police Department
- Watervliet Police Department