Genesee County, MI Arrest Records
Genesee County, MI is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.16 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Washtenaw, Ottawa, Kent, Macomb, Kalamazoo counties in Michigan.
Genesee County, MI property crime rate is 0.80 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 269 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that increased by 3.46% compared to 2015.
Genesee County, MI Crime Rate
Total arrests in Genesee County in 2016 increased by 0.51% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 36 to 67 while non-violent crime decreased by 8.17% from 355 to 326.
5 Crimes In Genesee County, MI in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||18|
Violent crime rate in Genesee County increased by 86.11% from 2015 and increased by 123.33% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 30 to 67. In 2016 violent crime rate in Genesee County was 96.51% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.016%.
Property crime rates in Genesee County decreased by 8.17% from 2015 and decreased by 41.99% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 562 to 326. In 2016 property crime rate in Genesee County was 97.19% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.08%.
How Genesee stands up against other counties
Genesee vs. Washtenaw
You’ll be in more safety in Genesee compared to Washtenaw county that had 542.87% higher crime rate compared to Genesee county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.1370 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and lower than average 1.2010 in Washtenaw county.
Arson rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0439 in Washtenaw county.
Genesee vs. Ingham
You’ll be in more safety in Genesee compared to Ingham county that had 134.62% higher crime rate compared to Genesee county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0069 in Ingham county.
Burglary rates of 0.0954 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.4444 in Ingham county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Genesee County is 0.97% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.26 daily crimes that occur in Genesee County.
- Genesee, MI is safer than Washtenaw.
- In Genesee County you have a 1 in 1040 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Genesee, MI have increased by 0.51%.
Genesee Police Departments
- Argentine Police Department
- Bishop International Airport Police
- Burton Police Department
- Clio Police Department
- Davison Police Department
- Fenton Police Department
- Flint Police Department
- Flint Township Police Department
- Flushing Police Department
- Gaines Township Police Department
- Genesee County Sheriff's Office
- Grand Blanc Police Department
- Lennon Police Department
- Linden Police Department
- Mount Morris Police Department
- Otisville Police Department
- Swartz Creek Police Department