Ingham County, MI Arrest Records
Ingham County, MI is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.51 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Washtenaw, Ottawa, Kent, Kalamazoo, Mecosta counties in Michigan.
Ingham County, MI property crime rate is 1.75 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 348 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that increased by 6.42% compared to 2015.
Ingham County, MI Crime Rate
Total arrests in Ingham County in 2016 decreased by 3.56% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 134 to 146 while non-violent crime decreased by 6.67% from 540 to 504.
5 Crimes In Ingham County, MI in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||28|
Violent crime rate in Ingham County increased by 8.96% from 2015 and increased by 55.32% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 94 to 146. In 2016 violent crime rate in Ingham County was 89.2% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.051%.
Property crime rates in Ingham County decreased by 6.67% from 2015 and decreased by 29.31% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 713 to 504. In 2016 property crime rate in Ingham County was 93.84% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.175%.
How Ingham stands up against other counties
Ingham vs. Ottawa
You’ll be in more safety in Ingham compared to Ottawa county that had 379.03% higher crime rate compared to Ingham county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0069 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0106 in Ottawa county.
Arson rates of 0.0069 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0673 in Ottawa county.
Ingham vs. Kalamazoo
You’ll be in more safety in Ingham compared to Kalamazoo county that had 329.01% higher crime rate compared to Ingham county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.1250 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.3898 in Kalamazoo county.
Larceny rates of 1.2081 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and lower than average 6.1455 in Kalamazoo county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Ingham County is 0.93% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.62 daily crimes that occur in Ingham County.
- Ingham, MI is safer than Ottawa.
- In Ingham County you have a 1 in 443 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Ingham, MI have decreased by 3.56%.
Ingham Police Departments
- East Lansing Police Department
- Ingham County Sheriff's Office
- Lansing Community College Police and Public Safety Department
- Lansing Police Department
- Lansing Township Police Department
- Leslie Police Department
- Mason Police Department
- Meridian Township Police Department
- Michigan Department of Corrections
- Michigan State Police
- Michigan State University Police Department
- Stockbridge Police Department
- Williamston Police Department