Jackson County, MI Arrest Records
Jackson County, MI is among the safest counties in the USA with 1.38 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Washtenaw, Ottawa, Kalamazoo, Mecosta, Monroe counties in Michigan.
Jackson County, MI property crime rate is 3.98 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 478 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that increased by 12.21% compared to 2015.
Jackson County, MI Crime Rate
Total arrests in Jackson County in 2016 increased by 14.11% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 163 to 218 while non-violent crime increased by 8.61% from 581 to 631.
5 Crimes In Jackson County, MI in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||42|
Violent crime rate in Jackson County increased by 33.74% from 2015 and increased by 62.69% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 134 to 218. In 2016 violent crime rate in Jackson County was 70.68% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.138%.
Property crime rates in Jackson County increased by 8.61% from 2015 and increased by 0.96% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 625 to 631. In 2016 property crime rate in Jackson County was 85.99% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.398%.
How Jackson stands up against other counties
Jackson vs. Berrien
You’ll be in more risk in Jackson compared to Berrien county that had 14.08% lower crime rate compared to Jackson county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0063 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0130 in Berrien county.
Burglary rates of 0.7005 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and lower than average 1.0908 in Berrien county.
Jackson vs. Monroe
You’ll be in more safety in Jackson compared to Monroe county that had 111.15% higher crime rate compared to Jackson county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.1451 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.3753 in Monroe county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.2651 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.7506 in Monroe county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Jackson County is 0.84% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 1.47 daily crimes that occur in Jackson County.
- Jackson, MI is more violent than Berrien.
- In Jackson County you have a 1 in 187 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Jackson, MI have increased by 14.11%.
Jackson Police Departments
- Brooklyn Police Department
- Jackson County Sheriff's Office
- Jackson Police Department
- Napoleon Police Department
- Norvell Township Police Department
- Norvell Twp Police Department
- Parma Police Department
- Spring Arbor Police Department
- Springport Township Police Department
- Waterloo Township Police Department