Leelanau County, MI Arrest Records
Leelanau County, MI is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.55 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Washtenaw, Ottawa, Kent, Kalamazoo, Mecosta counties in Michigan.
Leelanau County, MI property crime rate is 3.54 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 55 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 9.84% compared to 2015.
Leelanau County, MI Crime Rate
Total arrests in Leelanau County in 2016 increased by 2.3% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 10 to 12 while non-violent crime decreased by 0% from 77 to 77.
5 Crimes In Leelanau County, MI in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||6|
Violent crime rate in Leelanau County increased by 20% from 2015. In 2016 violent crime rate in Leelanau County was 88.25% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.055%.
Property crime rates in Leelanau County decreased by 0% from 2015. In 2016 property crime rate in Leelanau County was 87.55% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.354%.
How Leelanau stands up against other counties
Leelanau vs. Ogemaw
You’ll be in more safety in Leelanau compared to Ogemaw county that had 116.43% higher crime rate compared to Leelanau county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.0919 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.1435 in Ogemaw county.
Arson rates of 0.0459 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0478 in Ogemaw county.
Leelanau vs. Osceola
You’ll be in more safety in Leelanau compared to Osceola county that had 164.55% higher crime rate compared to Leelanau county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.3676 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and lower than average 1.1251 in Osceola county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.2757 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and lower than average 1.3414 in Osceola county.
Names with the most arrests in Leelanau
Crime rate by age group, gender, and race
According to the records in Leelanau, Michigan, the most crimes, that's 36.36% of all records in county are committed by the people aged between 21-30.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Leelanau County is 0.88% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 1.12 daily crimes that occur in Leelanau County.
- Leelanau, MI is safer than Ogemaw.
- In Leelanau County you have a 1 in 245 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Leelanau, MI have increased by 2.3%.
Names in Leelanau County
- Charles Beaker Arrest Records
- Christopher Bayduk Arrest Records
- Dawn Beagle Arrest Records
- Frank Bassett Arrest Records
- Gary Beckwith Arrest Records
- Gerald Bauerle Arrest Records
- Heidi Beem Arrest Records
- Jason Beckham Arrest Records
- Jason Beebe Arrest Records
- Jason Hart Arrest Records
- Jennifer Bartlett Arrest Records
- John Beck Arrest Records
- Karen Belknap Arrest Records
- Leroy Beck Arrest Records
- Matthew Belanger Arrest Records
- Michael Beck Arrest Records
- Patrick Bell Arrest Records
- Ruby Bearshield Arrest Records
- Shane Behrens Arrest Records
- Tina Belanger Arrest Records