Sanilac County, MI Arrest Records
Sanilac County, MI is among the safest counties in the USA with 1.09 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Washtenaw, Ottawa, Kalamazoo, Mecosta, Monroe counties in Michigan.
Sanilac County, MI property crime rate is 4.64 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 94 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 7.84% compared to 2015.
Sanilac County, MI Crime Rate
Total arrests in Sanilac County in 2016 increased by 5.8% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 56 to 45 while non-violent crime increased by 14.29% from 168 to 192.
5 Crimes In Sanilac County, MI in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||14|
Violent crime rate in Sanilac County decreased by 19.64% from 2015 and increased by 55.17% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 29 to 45. In 2016 violent crime rate in Sanilac County was 76.84% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.109%.
Property crime rates in Sanilac County increased by 14.29% from 2015 and increased by 9.71% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 175 to 192. In 2016 property crime rate in Sanilac County was 83.69% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.464%.
How Sanilac stands up against other counties
Sanilac vs. Gratiot
You’ll be in more safety in Sanilac compared to Gratiot county that had 27.22% higher crime rate compared to Sanilac county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0483 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0485 in Gratiot county.
Larceny rates of 2.2700 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and lower than average 5.3638 in Gratiot county.
Sanilac vs. Mecosta
You’ll be in more safety in Sanilac compared to Mecosta county that had 150.23% higher crime rate compared to Sanilac county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.8452 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and lower than average 5.1133 in Mecosta county.
Arson rates of 0.0241 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0694 in Mecosta county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Sanilac County is 0.83% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 1.57 daily crimes that occur in Sanilac County.
- Sanilac, MI is safer than Gratiot.
- In Sanilac County you have a 1 in 175 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Sanilac, MI have increased by 5.8%.
Sanilac Police Departments
- Brown City Police Department
- Carsonville Police Department
- Croswell Police Department
- Deckerville Police Department
- Lexington Police Department
- Marlette Police Department
- Minden City Police Department
- Peck Police Department
- Port Sanilac Police Department
- Sandusky Police Department
- Sanilac County Sheriff's Office