Washtenaw County, MI Arrest Records
Washtenaw County, MI is among the safest counties in the USA with 1.61 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Ottawa, Kalamazoo, Mecosta, Monroe, Eaton counties in Michigan.
Washtenaw County, MI property crime rate is 4.57 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 1,067 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that increased by 0.47% compared to 2015.
Washtenaw County, MI Crime Rate
Total arrests in Washtenaw County in 2016 increased by 7.74% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 490 to 588 while non-violent crime increased by 3.99% from 1,603 to 1,667.
5 Crimes In Washtenaw County, MI in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||209|
Violent crime rate in Washtenaw County increased by 20% from 2015 and increased by 36.74% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 430 to 588. In 2016 violent crime rate in Washtenaw County was 65.64% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.161%.
Property crime rates in Washtenaw County increased by 3.99% from 2015 and decreased by 22.36% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 2,147 to 1,667. In 2016 property crime rate in Washtenaw County was 83.92% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.457%.
How Washtenaw stands up against other counties
Washtenaw vs. Genesee
You’ll be in more risk in Washtenaw compared to Genesee county that had 84.44% lower crime rate compared to Washtenaw county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 1.2010 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.1370 in Genesee county.
Arson rates of 0.0439 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0000 in Genesee county.
Washtenaw vs. Ingham
You’ll be in more risk in Washtenaw compared to Ingham county that had 63.5% lower crime rate compared to Washtenaw county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.1892 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.1250 in Ingham county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.5731 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0972 in Ingham county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Washtenaw County is 0.81% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 1.69 daily crimes that occur in Washtenaw County.
- Washtenaw, MI is more violent than Genesee.
- In Washtenaw County you have a 1 in 162 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Washtenaw, MI have increased by 7.74%.
Washtenaw Police Departments
- Ann Arbor Police Department
- Chelsea Police Department
- Eastern Michigan University Department of Public Safety
- Northfield Township Police Department
- Pittsfield Township Police Department
- Saline Police Department
- University of Michigan Police Department
- Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office
- Ypsilanti Police Department