Yellowstone County, MT Arrest Records
Yellowstone County, MT is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.57 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Flathead, Lake, Ravalli, Roosevelt, Jefferson counties in Montana.
Yellowstone County, MT property crime rate is 4.22 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 421 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 13.91% compared to 2015.
Yellowstone County, MT Crime Rate
Total arrests in Yellowstone County in 2016 decreased by 10.28% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 89 to 91 while non-violent crime decreased by 11.76% from 757 to 668.
5 Crimes In Yellowstone County, MT in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||101|
Violent crime rate in Yellowstone County increased by 2.25% from 2015 and increased by 16.67% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 78 to 91. In 2016 violent crime rate in Yellowstone County was 87.76% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.057%.
Property crime rates in Yellowstone County decreased by 11.76% from 2015 and increased by 9.51% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 610 to 668. In 2016 property crime rate in Yellowstone County was 85.17% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.422%.
How Yellowstone stands up against other counties
Yellowstone vs. Missoula
You’ll be in more risk in Yellowstone compared to Missoula county that had 47.51% lower crime rate compared to Yellowstone county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0631 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0258 in Missoula county.
Larceny rates of 2.6572 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.6717 in Missoula county.
Yellowstone vs. Gallatin
You’ll be in more risk in Yellowstone compared to Gallatin county that had 1.52% lower crime rate compared to Yellowstone county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0631 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0096 in Gallatin county.
Burglary rates of 0.9215 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.5550 in Gallatin county.
Names with the most arrests in Yellowstone
Crime rate by age group, gender, and race
According to the records in Yellowstone, Montana, the most crimes, that's 41.67% of all records in county are committed by the people aged between 21-30.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Yellowstone County is 0.86% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 1.31 daily crimes that occur in Yellowstone County.
- Yellowstone, MT is more violent than Missoula.
- In Yellowstone County you have a 1 in 209 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Yellowstone, MT have decreased by 10.28%.
Yellowstone Police Departments
Names in Yellowstone County
- Abigail Mogen Arrest Records
- Bernard Miles Arrest Records
- Christine Reiling Arrest Records
- Damian Roman Arrest Records
- James Watson Arrest Records
- Jarith Limpy Arrest Records
- Lila Mountainsheep Arrest Records
- Lisa Huber Arrest Records
- Michael Phillips Arrest Records
- Sau Lu Arrest Records
- Teamo Staudinger Arrest Records
- William Hill Arrest Records