We have received numerous complaints recently about phone scams. Many of these calls come from unknown numbers and are often recorded messages. Some calls may claim that you have won a prize or need to claim some type of reward. Here are some tips when receiving calls of this nature.
1. Never give out any personal information. Even if they have your name, do not confirm any information or answer any of their questions.
2. Many scams tell you that the IRS or the Police will arrest you, they may also say you are summoned to court and the Sheriff will arrest you. This is false, WE DO NOT MAKE COURTESY CALLS prior to arresting people!
3. Report any scams involving the IRS to the United States treasury at www.treasury.gov/titga/ or call 800-366-4484.
4. Place your phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry at www.donotcall.gov
5. Alert family members and friends about these scam calls especially if they might be susceptible to these scams.
While we cannot prevent these calls from happening, we hope these tips will help keep your information and that of your loved ones safe. Please share this post and help spread the word throughout our community