Cattaraugus County, NY Arrest Records
Cattaraugus County, NY is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.44 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Nassau, Onondaga, Saratoga, Niagara, Ontario counties in New York.
Cattaraugus County, NY property crime rate is 3.63 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 180 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 12.20% compared to 2015.
Cattaraugus County, NY Crime Rate
Total arrests in Cattaraugus County in 2016 decreased by 4.24% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 37 to 34 while non-violent crime decreased by 3.75% from 293 to 282.
5 Crimes In Cattaraugus County, NY in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||22|
Violent crime rate in Cattaraugus County decreased by 8.11% from 2015 and decreased by 15% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 40 to 34. In 2016 violent crime rate in Cattaraugus County was 90.67% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.044%.
Property crime rates in Cattaraugus County decreased by 3.75% from 2015 and decreased by 45.45% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 517 to 282. In 2016 property crime rate in Cattaraugus County was 87.23% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.363%.
How Cattaraugus stands up against other counties
Cattaraugus vs. Cayuga
You’ll be in more risk in Cattaraugus compared to Cayuga county that had 40.65% lower crime rate compared to Cattaraugus county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.2446 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.1927 in Cayuga county.
Larceny rates of 2.3173 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and higher than average 1.4513 in Cayuga county.
Cattaraugus vs. Sullivan
You’ll be in more safety in Cattaraugus compared to Sullivan county that had 6.15% higher crime rate compared to Cattaraugus county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.1802 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.3342 in Sullivan county.
Burglary rates of 1.0299 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.7487 in Sullivan county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Cattaraugus County is 0.88% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 1.11 daily crimes that occur in Cattaraugus County.
- Cattaraugus, NY is more violent than Cayuga.
- In Cattaraugus County you have a 1 in 246 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Cattaraugus, NY have decreased by 4.24%.
Cattaraugus Police Departments
- Allegany Police Department
- Carrollton Police Department
- Cattaraugus County
- Cattaraugus County District Attorney's Office
- Cattaraugus County Sheriff's Office
- Cattaraugus Police Department
- City of Salamanca Police Department
- Ellicottville Police Department
- Franklinville Police Department
- Gowanda Police Department
- Olean Police Department
- Portville Police Department
- Salamanaca Police Department
- Village of Allegany Police Department
- Village of Cattaraugus Police Department