Nassau County, NY Arrest Records
Nassau County, NY is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.85 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has higher total crime rate than Onondaga, Saratoga, Oneida, Erie, Niagara counties in New York.
Nassau County, NY property crime rate is 7.83 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 9,054 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 5.65% compared to 2015.
Nassau County, NY Crime Rate
Total arrests in Nassau County in 2016 decreased by 7.06% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 1,318 to 1,157 while non-violent crime decreased by 6.46% from 11,396 to 10,660.
5 Crimes In Nassau County, NY in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||462|
Violent crime rate in Nassau County decreased by 12.22% from 2015 and decreased by 18.52% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 1,420 to 1,157. In 2016 violent crime rate in Nassau County was 81.89% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.085%.
Property crime rates in Nassau County decreased by 6.46% from 2015 and decreased by 19% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 13,160 to 10,660. In 2016 property crime rate in Nassau County was 72.45% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.783%.
How Nassau stands up against other counties
Nassau vs. Erie
You’ll be in more risk in Nassau compared to Erie county that had 89.58% lower crime rate compared to Nassau county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.3511 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0130 in Erie county.
Burglary rates of 0.8402 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.1531 in Erie county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Nassau County is 0.74% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 2.38 daily crimes that occur in Nassau County.
- In Nassau County you have a 1 in 115 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Nassau, NY have decreased by 7.06%.
Nassau Police Departments
- Centre Island Police Department
- Floral Park Police Department
- Freeport Police Department
- Garden City Police Department
- Glen Cove Police Department
- Great Neck Estates Police Department
- Hempstead Police Department
- Kensington Police Department
- Kings Point Police Department
- Lake Success Police Department
- Long Beach Auxiliary Police Department
- Long Beach Police Department
- Lynbrook Police Department
- Malverne Police Department
- Matinecock Police Department
- Muttontown Police Department
- Muttontown Village Police Department
- Nassau County District Attorney's Office
- Nassau County Police Department
- Nassau County Sheriff's Department
- New York State Assoc of Auxiliary Police
- Old Brookville Police Department
- Old Westbury Police Department
- Oyster Bay Cove Police Department
- Port Washington Police Department
- Rockville Centre Police Department
- Sands Point Police Department
- Town of Hemstead Bay Constables
- United States Fish and Wildlife Service
- Village of East Hills Department of Public Safety