Niagara County, NY Arrest Records
Niagara County, NY is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.33 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Nassau, Onondaga, Saratoga, Ontario, Chautauqua counties in New York.
Niagara County, NY property crime rate is 3.88 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 609 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that increased by 15.34% compared to 2015.
Niagara County, NY Crime Rate
Total arrests in Niagara County in 2016 increased by 16.15% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 55 to 70 while non-violent crime increased by 15.29% from 713 to 822.
5 Crimes In Niagara County, NY in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||47|
Violent crime rate in Niagara County increased by 27.27% from 2015 and increased by 7.69% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 65 to 70. In 2016 violent crime rate in Niagara County was 92.96% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.033%.
Property crime rates in Niagara County increased by 15.29% from 2015 and decreased by 33.92% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 1,244 to 822. In 2016 property crime rate in Niagara County was 86.34% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.388%.
How Niagara stands up against other counties
Niagara vs. Saratoga
You’ll be in more safety in Niagara compared to Saratoga county that had 24.11% higher crime rate compared to Niagara county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0088 in Saratoga county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.2220 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.1894 in Saratoga county.
Niagara vs. Broome
You’ll be in more risk in Niagara compared to Broome county that had 30.36% lower crime rate compared to Niagara county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.0803 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0666 in Broome county.
Arson rates of 0.0142 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0000 in Broome county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Niagara County is 0.87% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 1.15 daily crimes that occur in Niagara County.
- Niagara, NY is safer than Saratoga.
- In Niagara County you have a 1 in 237 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Niagara, NY have increased by 16.15%.
Niagara Police Departments
- Barker Police Department
- Lewiston Police Department
- Lockport Police Department
- Middleport Police Department
- Niagara County
- Niagara County District Attorney's Office
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department
- Niagara Falls Police Department
- North Tonawanda Police Department
- Town of Niagara Police Department
- Youngstown Police Department