Rensselaer County, NY Arrest Records
Rensselaer County, NY is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.09 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Nassau, Onondaga, Saratoga, Oneida, Niagara counties in New York.
Rensselaer County, NY property crime rate is 1.56 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 201 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 16.25% compared to 2015.
Rensselaer County, NY Crime Rate
Total arrests in Rensselaer County in 2016 decreased by 12.29% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 12 to 15 while non-violent crime decreased by 13.84% from 289 to 249.
5 Crimes In Rensselaer County, NY in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||9|
Violent crime rate in Rensselaer County increased by 25% from 2015 and decreased by 48.28% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 29 to 15. In 2016 violent crime rate in Rensselaer County was 98% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.009%.
Property crime rates in Rensselaer County decreased by 13.84% from 2015 and increased by 17.45% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 212 to 249. In 2016 property crime rate in Rensselaer County was 94.53% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.156%.
How Rensselaer stands up against other counties
Rensselaer vs. Schenectady
You’ll be in more risk in Rensselaer compared to Schenectady county that had 93.33% lower crime rate compared to Rensselaer county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0187 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0065 in Schenectady county.
Burglary rates of 0.2436 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0388 in Schenectady county.
Rensselaer vs. Ulster
You’ll be in more risk in Rensselaer compared to Ulster county that had 18.13% lower crime rate compared to Rensselaer county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0187 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0056 in Ulster county.
Arson rates of 0.0125 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0000 in Ulster county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Rensselaer County is 0.95% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.45 daily crimes that occur in Rensselaer County.
- Rensselaer, NY is more violent than Schenectady.
- In Rensselaer County you have a 1 in 606 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Rensselaer, NY have decreased by 12.29%.
Rensselaer Police Departments
- East Greenbush Police Department
- Hoosick Falls Police Department
- Hudson Vally Community College Public Safety Department
- Nassau Village Police Department
- Rensselaer County
- Rensselaer County District Attorney's Office
- Rensselaer County Sheriff's Department
- Rensselaer Police Department
- Schodack Police Department
- Troy Police Department
- Village of Nassau Police Department