Rockland County, NY Arrest Records
Rockland County, NY is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.02 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Nassau, Onondaga, Saratoga, Oneida, Erie counties in New York.
Rockland County, NY property crime rate is 0.10 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 30 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that increased by 57.89% compared to 2015.
Rockland County, NY Crime Rate
Total arrests in Rockland County in 2016 decreased by 4.76% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 19 to 7 while non-violent crime increased by 43.48% from 23 to 33.
5 Crimes In Rockland County, NY in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||1|
Violent crime rate in Rockland County decreased by 63.16% from 2015 and decreased by 63.16% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 19 to 7. In 2016 violent crime rate in Rockland County was 99.54% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.002%.
Property crime rates in Rockland County increased by 43.48% from 2015 and increased by 22.22% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 27 to 33. In 2016 property crime rate in Rockland County was 99.64% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.01%.
How Rockland stands up against other counties
Rockland vs. Albany
You’ll be in more safety in Rockland compared to Albany county that had 365.55% higher crime rate compared to Rockland county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0227 in Albany county.
Burglary rates of 0.0061 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0777 in Albany county.
Rockland vs. Dutchess
You’ll be in more safety in Rockland compared to Dutchess county that had 1373.14% higher crime rate compared to Rockland county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.0214 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0543 in Dutchess county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.0031 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0204 in Dutchess county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Rockland County is 1% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.03 daily crimes that occur in Rockland County.
- Rockland, NY is safer than Albany.
- In Rockland County you have a 1 in 8170 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Rockland, NY have decreased by 4.76%.
Rockland Police Departments
- Clarkstown Police Department
- Haverstraw Town Police Department
- Hudson Valley Humane Society - SPCA Law Enforcement Division
- Orangetown Police Department
- Piermont Police Department
- Rockland County
- Rockland County District Attorney's Office
- Rockland County Sheriff's Department
- South Nyack-Grandview Police Department
- Spring Valley Police Department
- Stony Point Police Department
- Suffern Police Department
- Town of Clarkstown Police Department
- Town of Haverstraw Police Department
- Town of Ramapo Police Department
- Village of Suffern Police Department