Saratoga County, NY Arrest Records
Saratoga County, NY is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.37 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has higher total crime rate than Onondaga, Oneida, Erie, Niagara, Oswego counties in New York.
Saratoga County, NY property crime rate is 4.85 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 892 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that increased by 10.81% compared to 2015.
Saratoga County, NY Crime Rate
Total arrests in Saratoga County in 2016 increased by 9.91% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 76 to 85 while non-violent crime increased by 9.76% from 1,004 to 1,102.
5 Crimes In Saratoga County, NY in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||43|
Violent crime rate in Saratoga County increased by 11.84% from 2015 and increased by 304.76% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 21 to 85. In 2016 violent crime rate in Saratoga County was 92.02% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.037%.
Property crime rates in Saratoga County increased by 9.76% from 2015 and decreased by 15.68% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 1,307 to 1,102. In 2016 property crime rate in Saratoga County was 82.92% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.485%.
How Saratoga stands up against other counties
Saratoga vs. Oneida
You’ll be in more risk in Saratoga compared to Oneida county that had 65.83% lower crime rate compared to Saratoga county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0088 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0043 in Oneida county.
Burglary rates of 0.7355 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.4152 in Oneida county.
Saratoga vs. Niagara
You’ll be in more risk in Saratoga compared to Niagara county that had 19.42% lower crime rate compared to Saratoga county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.2951 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.1558 in Niagara county.
Larceny rates of 3.9286 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and higher than average 2.8759 in Niagara county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Saratoga County is 0.84% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 1.43 daily crimes that occur in Saratoga County.
- Saratoga, NY is more violent than Oneida.
- In Saratoga County you have a 1 in 191 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Saratoga, NY have increased by 9.91%.
Saratoga Police Departments
- Ballston Spa Police Department
- Canadian Pacific Railroad Police Department
- Corinth Police Department
- Mechanicville Police Department
- Saratoga County
- Saratoga County District Attorney's Office
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Office
- Saratoga Springs Police Department
- South Glens Falls Police Department
- Stillwater Police Department
- Waterford Police Department