Ulster County, NY Arrest Records
Ulster County, NY is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.17 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Nassau, Onondaga, Saratoga, Oneida, Niagara counties in New York.
Ulster County, NY property crime rate is 1.18 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 150 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 16.67% compared to 2015.
Ulster County, NY Crime Rate
Total arrests in Ulster County in 2016 decreased by 10.7% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 41 to 30 while non-violent crime decreased by 7.83% from 230 to 212.
5 Crimes In Ulster County, NY in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||18|
Violent crime rate in Ulster County decreased by 26.83% from 2015 and decreased by 25% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 40 to 30. In 2016 violent crime rate in Ulster County was 96.43% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.017%.
Property crime rates in Ulster County decreased by 7.83% from 2015 and decreased by 38.9% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 347 to 212. In 2016 property crime rate in Ulster County was 95.84% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.118%.
How Ulster stands up against other counties
Ulster vs. Broome
You’ll be in more safety in Ulster compared to Broome county that had 117.25% higher crime rate compared to Ulster county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.1339 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.1382 in Broome county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.1004 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.1280 in Broome county.
Ulster vs. Rensselaer
You’ll be in more safety in Ulster compared to Rensselaer county that had 22.15% higher crime rate compared to Ulster county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.1339 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0562 in Rensselaer county.
Arson rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0125 in Rensselaer county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Ulster County is 0.96% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.37 daily crimes that occur in Ulster County.
- Ulster, NY is safer than Broome.
- In Ulster County you have a 1 in 741 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Ulster, NY have decreased by 10.7%.
Ulster Police Departments
- Ellenville Police Department
- Kingston Police Department
- Lloyd Police Department
- Marlboro Police Department
- Marlborough Police Department
- New Paltz Police Department
- Olive Police Department
- Plattekill Police Department
- Rosendale Police Department
- Saugerties Police Department
- Shandaken Police Department
- Shawangunk Police Department
- State University Police at New Paltz
- Town of Lloyd Police Department
- Town of Rochester Police Constabulary
- Town of Rosendale Police Department
- Town of Saugerties Police Department
- Ulster County
- Ulster County District Attorney's Office
- Ulster County Sheriff's Office
- Ulster County SPCA
- Ulster County SPCA - Law Enforcement
- Ulster Police Department
- Woodstock Police Department