Wayne County, NC Arrest Records
Wayne County, NC is among the safest counties in the USA with 1.07 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has higher total crime rate than Forsyth, Iredell, Union, Wake, Catawba counties in North Carolina.
Wayne County, NC property crime rate is 12.82 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 796 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 25.54% compared to 2015.
Wayne County, NC Crime Rate
Total arrests in Wayne County in 2016 decreased by 16.91% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 126 to 133 while non-violent crime decreased by 18.36% from 1,950 to 1,592.
5 Crimes In Wayne County, NC in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||120|
Violent crime rate in Wayne County increased by 5.56% from 2015 and decreased by 14.19% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 155 to 133. In 2016 violent crime rate in Wayne County was 77.17% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.107%.
Property crime rates in Wayne County decreased by 18.36% from 2015 and decreased by 23.86% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 2,091 to 1,592. In 2016 property crime rate in Wayne County was 54.89% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 1.282%.
How Wayne stands up against other counties
Wayne vs. Harnett
You’ll be in more safety in Wayne compared to Harnett county that had 15.53% higher crime rate compared to Wayne county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0000 in Harnett county.
Arson rates of 0.0322 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.1452 in Harnett county.
Wayne vs. Rowan
You’ll be in more risk in Wayne compared to Rowan county that had 45.69% lower crime rate compared to Wayne county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.2336 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.1000 in Rowan county.
Burglary rates of 5.4450 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and higher than average 2.0939 in Rowan county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Wayne County is 0.58% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 3.81 daily crimes that occur in Wayne County.
- Wayne, NC is safer than Harnett.
- In Wayne County you have a 1 in 72 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Wayne, NC have decreased by 16.91%.
Wayne Police Departments
- Cherry Hospital Police Department
- Cherry Hospital Police Department North Carolina - Goldsboro North Carolina
- Fremont Police Department
- Goldsboro Police Department
- Mount Olive Police Department
- Mt Olive Police Department
- Pikeville Police Department
- Wayne Community College Campus Police - Goldsboro North Carolina
- Wayne County Sheriff's Office - Goldsboro