Greenville County, SC Arrest Records
Greenville County, SC is among the safest counties in the USA with 3.61 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has higher total crime rate than Spartanburg, Aiken, Lexington, Berkeley, Beaufort counties in South Carolina.
Greenville County, SC property crime rate is 18.75 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 6,072 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 7.07% compared to 2015.
Greenville County, SC Crime Rate
Total arrests in Greenville County in 2016 decreased by 7.93% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 1,918 to 1,800 while non-violent crime decreased by 8.26% from 10,194 to 9,352.
5 Crimes In Greenville County, SC in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||999|
Violent crime rate in Greenville County decreased by 6.15% from 2015 and decreased by 1.04% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 1,819 to 1,800. In 2016 violent crime rate in Greenville County was 23.1% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.361%.
Property crime rates in Greenville County decreased by 8.26% from 2015 and decreased by 14.53% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 10,942 to 9,352. In 2016 property crime rate in Greenville County was 34.03% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 1.875%.
How Greenville stands up against other counties
Greenville vs. Richland
You’ll be in more safety in Greenville compared to Richland county that had 27.15% higher crime rate compared to Greenville county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 2.6365 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and lower than average 3.6528 in Richland county.
Arson rates of 0.1223 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0879 in Richland county.
Greenville vs. Horry
You’ll be in more risk in Greenville compared to Horry county that had 99.89% lower crime rate compared to Greenville county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.5554 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0000 in Horry county.
Larceny rates of 12.1740 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0062 in Horry county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Greenville County is 0.32% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 6.13 daily crimes that occur in Greenville County.
- Greenville, SC is safer than Richland.
- In Greenville County you have a 1 in 45 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Greenville, SC have decreased by 7.93%.
Greenville Police Departments
- Ashmore Protective Services Community Patrol
- Bob Jones University Dept of Public Safety
- Fountain Inn Police Department, Greenville
- Fountain Inn Police Department
- Furman University Police Department
- Furman University Police Department, Greenville
- Greenville County Sheriff's Office
- Greenville Department of Police
- Greer Police Department
- GSP International Airport Police Department
- Mauldin Police Department, Greenville
- Mauldin Police Department
- SC Governor's School for the Arts and Humanities DPS, Greenville
- Simpsonville Police Department, Greenville
- South Carolina Highway Patrol (SCHP)
- Travelers Rest Police Department, Greenville