Richland County, SC Arrest Records
Richland County, SC is among the most violent counties in the USA with 4.78 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has higher total crime rate than Greenville, Spartanburg, Aiken, Lexington, Berkeley counties in South Carolina.
Richland County, SC property crime rate is 23.65 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 6,649 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that increased by 10.54% compared to 2015.
Richland County, SC Crime Rate
Total arrests in Richland County in 2016 increased by 2.6% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 2,357 to 1,959 while non-violent crime increased by 7.71% from 8,991 to 9,684.
5 Crimes In Richland County, SC in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||1,203|
Violent crime rate in Richland County decreased by 16.89% from 2015 and decreased by 17.2% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 2,366 to 1,959. In 2016 violent crime rate in Richland County was 1.93% higher than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.478%.
Property crime rates in Richland County increased by 7.71% from 2015 and decreased by 2.71% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 9,954 to 9,684. In 2016 property crime rate in Richland County was 16.81% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 2.365%.
How Richland stands up against other counties
Richland vs. Horry
You’ll be in more risk in Richland compared to Horry county that had 99.91% lower crime rate compared to Richland county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.7325 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0000 in Horry county.
Larceny rates of 16.2349 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0062 in Horry county.
Richland vs. Greenville
You’ll be in more risk in Richland compared to Greenville county that had 21.35% lower crime rate compared to Richland county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0635 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0481 in Greenville county.
Arson rates of 0.0879 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.1223 in Greenville county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Richland County is 0.14% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 7.79 daily crimes that occur in Richland County.
- Richland, SC is more violent than Horry.
- In Richland County you have a 1 in 35 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Richland, SC have increased by 2.6%.
Richland Police Departments
- Columbia Police Department, Richland
- Columbia Police Department
- Eastover Police Department
- Forest Acres Police Department
- Office of the United States Marshal for the District of South Carolina`
- Richland County Sheriff's Department
- SC Dept of Mental Health Public Safety
- South Carolina Bureau of Protective Services (BPS)
- South Carolina Department of Corrections (SCDOC)
- South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC)
- South Carolina Department of Juvenile Justice
- South Carolina Department of Mental Health Public Safety (SCDMHPS)
- South Carolina Department of Natural Resources Law Enforcement Division (SCDNR)
- South Carolina Department of Probation Parole and Pardon Services (SCDPPPS)
- South Carolina Department of Public Safety (SCDPS)
- South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED)
- South Carolina State Transport Police Division (SCSTP)
- University of South Carolina Police Department