Hughes County, SD Arrest Records
Hughes County, SD is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.40 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Pennington, Minnehaha, Meade, Yankton, Lincoln counties in South Dakota.
Hughes County, SD property crime rate is 1.19 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 11 burglary related arrests in 2016 that increased by 1,000.00% compared to 2015.
Hughes County, SD Crime Rate
Total arrests in Hughes County in 2016 increased by 100% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 7 to 7 while non-violent crime increased by 200% from 7 to 21.
5 Crimes In Hughes County, SD in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||3|
Violent crime rate in Hughes County decreased by 0% from 2015 and increased by 75% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 4 to 7. In 2016 violent crime rate in Hughes County was 91.52% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.04%.
Property crime rates in Hughes County increased by 200% from 2015 and decreased by 19.23% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 26 to 21. In 2016 property crime rate in Hughes County was 95.8% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.119%.
How Hughes stands up against other counties
Hughes vs. Beadle
You’ll be in more risk in Hughes compared to Beadle county that had 34.02% lower crime rate compared to Hughes county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0000 in Beadle county.
Burglary rates of 0.6250 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.2210 in Beadle county.
Hughes vs. Davison
You’ll be in more risk in Hughes compared to Davison county that had 33.68% lower crime rate compared to Hughes county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.0568 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.1005 in Davison county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.1705 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.2512 in Davison county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Hughes County is 0.95% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.44 daily crimes that occur in Hughes County.
- Hughes, SD is more violent than Beadle.
- In Hughes County you have a 1 in 629 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Hughes, SD have increased by 100%.
Hughes Police Departments
- Hughes County Sheriff's Office
- Pierre Police Department
- South Dakota Board of Regents
- South Dakota Department of Corrections
- South Dakota Department of Public Safety
- South Dakota Department of Revenue & Regulation
- South Dakota Division of Criminal Investigation
- South Dakota Division of Insurance - Insurance Fraud Unit
- South Dakota Game Fish and Parks - Conservation Officers
- South Dakota Highway Patrol
- South Dakota State Brand Board