Gray County, TX Arrest Records
Gray County, TX is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.70 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Harris, Hidalgo, Montgomery, Smith, Bastrop counties in Texas.
Gray County, TX property crime rate is 5.02 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 67 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that increased by 13.56% compared to 2015.
Gray County, TX Crime Rate
Total arrests in Gray County in 2016 increased by 25% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 14 to 16 while non-violent crime increased by 26.67% from 90 to 114.
5 Crimes In Gray County, TX in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||9|
Violent crime rate in Gray County increased by 14.29% from 2015 and increased by 433.33% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 3 to 16. In 2016 violent crime rate in Gray County was 85% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.07%.
Property crime rates in Gray County increased by 26.67% from 2015 and increased by 0.88% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 113 to 114. In 2016 property crime rate in Gray County was 82.35% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.502%.
How Gray stands up against other counties
Gray vs. Houston
You’ll be in more safety in Gray compared to Houston county that had 17.54% higher crime rate compared to Gray county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0439 in Houston county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.3960 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.4395 in Houston county.
Gray vs. Hockley
You’ll be in more risk in Gray compared to Hockley county that had 11.38% lower crime rate compared to Gray county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.0880 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0000 in Hockley county.
Arson rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0000 in Hockley county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Gray County is 0.83% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 1.57 daily crimes that occur in Gray County.
- Gray, TX is safer than Houston.
- In Gray County you have a 1 in 175 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Gray, TX have increased by 25%.
Gray Police Departments
- Denison Police Department
- Gray County Sheriff's Office
- Grayson County Sheriff's Office
- Gunter* Police Department
- Howe Police Department
- Pampa Police Department
- Sherman Police Department
- Southmayd Police Department
- Tom Bean* Police Department
- Van Alstyne Police Department
- Whitesboro* Police Department
- Whitewright* Police Department