Mclennan County, TX Arrest Records
Mclennan County, TX is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.39 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Harris, Travis, Bexar, Hidalgo, Montgomery counties in Texas.
Mclennan County, TX property crime rate is 2.03 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 265 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that increased by 6.00% compared to 2015.
Mclennan County, TX Crime Rate
Total arrests in Mclennan County in 2016 increased by 8.32% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 80 to 96 while non-violent crime increased by 6.34% from 473 to 503.
5 Crimes In Mclennan County, TX in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||55|
Violent crime rate in Mclennan County increased by 20% from 2015 and increased by 11.63% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 86 to 96. In 2016 violent crime rate in Mclennan County was 91.75% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.039%.
Property crime rates in Mclennan County increased by 6.34% from 2015 and decreased by 39.1% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 826 to 503. In 2016 property crime rate in Mclennan County was 92.86% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.203%.
How Mclennan stands up against other counties
Mclennan vs. Jefferson
You’ll be in more risk in Mclennan compared to Jefferson county that had 29.14% lower crime rate compared to Mclennan county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0039 in Jefferson county.
Larceny rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.9070 in Jefferson county.
Mclennan vs. Smith
You’ll be in more safety in Mclennan compared to Smith county that had 356.56% higher crime rate compared to Mclennan county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.7990 in Smith county.
Arson rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0755 in Smith county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Mclennan County is 0.93% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.66 daily crimes that occur in Mclennan County.
- Mclennan, TX is more violent than Jefferson.
- In Mclennan County you have a 1 in 414 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Mclennan, TX have increased by 8.32%.
Mclennan Police Departments
- Baylor University Police Department
- Bellmead Police Department
- Beverly Hills Department of Public Safety
- Beverly Hills Police Department
- Hewitt Police Department
- La Vega ISD Police Department
- Lacy-Lakeview Police Department
- Lorena* Police Department
- McGregor* Police Department
- McLennan Community College Police Department
- McLennan County Sheriff's Office
- Moody Police Department
- Northcrest Police Department
- Robinson* Police Department
- Texas State Technical College Police Department
- Waco Independent School District Police
- Waco* Police Department
- West Police Department
- Woodway Department of Public Safety