Wise County, VA Arrest Records
Wise County, VA is among the safest counties in the USA with 1.22 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Stafford, Spotsylvania, York, Henry, Campbell counties in Virginia.
Wise County, VA property crime rate is 7.24 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 216 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 11.11% compared to 2015.
Wise County, VA Crime Rate
Total arrests in Wise County in 2016 decreased by 18.23% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 54 to 48 while non-violent crime decreased by 19.32% from 352 to 284.
5 Crimes In Wise County, VA in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||18|
Violent crime rate in Wise County decreased by 11.11% from 2015 and increased by 29.73% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 37 to 48. In 2016 violent crime rate in Wise County was 73.93% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.122%.
Property crime rates in Wise County decreased by 19.32% from 2015 and decreased by 36.32% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 446 to 284. In 2016 property crime rate in Wise County was 74.53% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.724%.
How Wise stands up against other counties
Wise vs. Warren
You’ll be in more risk in Wise compared to Warren county that had 27.27% lower crime rate compared to Wise county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.3314 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.2299 in Warren county.
Larceny rates of 5.5063 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and higher than average 4.5716 in Warren county.
Wise vs. Gloucester
You’ll be in more safety in Wise compared to Gloucester county that had 70.82% higher crime rate compared to Wise county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.8667 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.3493 in Gloucester county.
Burglary rates of 1.2746 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and lower than average 1.6392 in Gloucester county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Wise County is 0.74% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 2.32 daily crimes that occur in Wise County.
- Wise, VA is more violent than Warren.
- In Wise County you have a 1 in 118 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Wise, VA have decreased by 18.23%.
Wise Police Departments
- Appalachia Police Department
- Big Stone Gap Police Department
- Coeburn Police Department
- Mountain Empire Community College Police Department
- Pound Police Department
- St Paul Police Department
- St. Paul Police Department
- University of Virginia's College at Wise Police Department
- Wise County Sheriff's Office
- Wise Police Department