Pierce County, WA Arrest Records
Pierce County, WA is among the safest counties in the USA with 1.39 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has higher total crime rate than Snohomish, King, Clark, Thurston, Spokane counties in Washington.
Pierce County, WA property crime rate is 10.67 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 5,001 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that increased by 11.88% compared to 2015.
Pierce County, WA Crime Rate
Total arrests in Pierce County in 2016 increased by 9.36% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 1,103 to 1,193 while non-violent crime increased by 9.52% from 8,392 to 9,191.
5 Crimes In Pierce County, WA in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||1,541|
Violent crime rate in Pierce County increased by 8.16% from 2015 and increased by 29.82% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 919 to 1,193. In 2016 violent crime rate in Pierce County was 70.48% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.139%.
Property crime rates in Pierce County increased by 9.52% from 2015 and decreased by 4.11% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 9,585 to 9,191. In 2016 property crime rate in Pierce County was 62.46% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 1.067%.
How Pierce stands up against other counties
Pierce vs. Snohomish
You’ll be in more risk in Pierce compared to Snohomish county that had 33.51% lower crime rate compared to Pierce county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.1649 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.1346 in Snohomish county.
Arson rates of 0.0464 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0368 in Snohomish county.
Pierce vs. Spokane
You’ll be in more risk in Pierce compared to Spokane county that had 32.37% lower crime rate compared to Pierce county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.1649 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0942 in Spokane county.
Burglary rates of 3.0755 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and higher than average 1.8755 in Spokane county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Pierce County is 0.64% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 3.3 daily crimes that occur in Pierce County.
- Pierce, WA is more violent than Snohomish.
- In Pierce County you have a 1 in 83 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Pierce, WA have increased by 9.36%.
Pierce Police Departments
- Bonney Lake Police Department
- Buckley Police Department
- City of DuPont Police Department
- DuPont Police Department
- Eatonville Police Department
- Fife Police Department
- Fircrest Police Department
- Gig Harbor Police Department
- Lakewood Police Department
- Orting Police Department
- Pierce County Sheriff's Department
- Puyallup Police Department
- Puyallup Tribal Police Department
- Roy Police Department
- Ruston Police Department
- Steilacoom Public Safety Department
- Sumner Police Department
- Tacoma Police Department
Cities in Pierce County
- Bonney Lake Arrest Records
- Buckley Arrest Records
- Dupont Arrest Records
- Eatonville Arrest Records
- Gig Harbor Arrest Records
- Lakewood Arrest Records
- Milton Arrest Records
- Orting Arrest Records
- Puyallup Arrest Records
- Roy Arrest Records
- Steilacoom Arrest Records
- Sumner Arrest Records
- Tacoma Arrest Records
- University Place Arrest Records